MultiPSK 4.17 released for download...
Patrick F6CTE has released a new version of the popular Amateur Radio digital modes software MultiPSK
Hello to all Ham and SWL,
The new release of MultiPSK (4.17) is on my Web site http://f6cte.free.fr/
The main mirror site is Earl's, N8KBR:
(click on "United States Download Site").
Another mirror site is Terry's:
Multipsk associated to Clock are freeware programs but with functions submitted to a licence (by user key).
The main modifications of MULTIPSK 4.17 are the following:
1) Decoding of the COQUELET modes (8 and 13)
These modes are used in HF for professional transmissions. 2 sorts of Coquelet exist: the "8 tones" (still used) and the "13 tones" (perhaps still used). This mode is available for licencied copies, only (otherwise, the decoding is stopped after 5 minutes).
2) Interface with PSKReporter
Principle: the SWL or Ham monitoring transmits received data to a PSKreporter WEB server, either manually or automatically (by Multipsk in direct or panoramic reception). This server gathers reception records of any digital mode activity and then make those records available, in near realtime, to interested parties (typically the amateur who initiates the communication). Stations are located on a world map.
All text modes can be reported (included JT65, ALE and ALE400 soundings and ARQ FAE calls). However in PACKET/PAX/PAX2, the option (available clicking on the "Options" button) "Only the information on RX and TX frames" must be unchecked to be able to report to PSKReporter. The "Call ID" can also be reported.
For configuration and help about PSKReporter, click on "PSKReporter" located on the menu top bar.
3) New macros:
- <COM:command> permits to send a serial command through the selected main COM port ("Serial port" menu).
Through this command, it is possible to control such equipment as TNC or DSP. Attention: Multipsk gives the possibility to send a command through the serial port but this one must be determined by the user. See help for details.
• Possibility to do a callsign look-up in DXKeeper,
• Slight improvement of the 4285 and 110A decoding and SELCAL display,
• Partial decoding of the CCIR 493-4 Selcall (Australian Selcall) mode. It is an option of the GMDSS DSC mode,
• Timestamp on each line (for versions under licence): a timestamp (<12:03:51> for example), will be added at the beginning of each new line for all text modes (configuration in the "Options" menu of the "RX/TX" screen),
• Possibility to control a TNC (or another exterior equipement) with COM and EXEC macros in 4 phases: TNC initialization, at RX to TX switchover, at TX to RX switchover, at the TNC end of service (configuration in the "Options" menu of the "RX/TX" screen),
• Possibility of QSO recording in a TCP/IP client logbook (configuration in "Your logbook" of the "Configuration" screen and with the "TCP/IP" button of the "RX/TX" screen),
• Digitalk (thanks to Skip KH6TY), through a TCP/IP link with Multipsk, permits to pronounce (in an English way) all the decoded text. It is aimed to blind Hams and SWL (configuration in the "Options" menu of the "RX/TX" screen). The PC must be a XP.
• For blind Hams and SWL, possibility to search transmissions (PSK31, RTTY...) on the waterfall with the "<--" and "-->" keys (configuration in the "Options" menu of the "RX/TX" screen),
• Possibility of pause of the text transmission, by double-clicking on the transmission window (second one), then resumption with a simple-clicking,
• New function "Auto RX" to switch automatically in reception as soon as the transmission buffer is empty (for Hellschreiber mainly, but also for PSK31...),
• Colors for the panoramic (characters and background) can be freely chosen ("Fonts" button),
• Improvement of the selection of the modes detected by RS ID,
• SdR: possibility to transmit in base band and to select one among 12HF frequencies.
MultiPSK Yahoo Group
Digital Radio Yahoo Group
New version of MultiPSK (download)
Patrick F6CTE has released version 4.18 of the amateur radio digital data modes software MultiPSK which now includes a new mode Packet (and APRS) based on BPSK31 modulation.
You can download MultiPSK and other software that Patrick has written from http://f6cte.free.fr/
MultiPSK Mail Forwarding
Email Reception Report
You must be a member to post in this forum