Remove this ad

w8eeo

Lead

Dec 1 14 6:21 PM

Tags : :

NASA's AIM spacecraft has spotted electric-blue clouds forming over Antarctica.These are noctilucent clouds (NLCs) and their apparition marks the beginning of the 2014-2015 season for southern NLCs.
By the second week of December, Antarctica could be blanketed in electric blue.Visit http://spaceweather.com for more information and updates

Last Edited By: w8eeo Dec 1 14 6:34 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Lightnight

#1 [url]

Mar 12 16 6:32 PM

Oh this sounds amazing! What a beautiful phenomenon to witness. Is there any information on when this might be happening again so I can follow the satellite images?

Quote    Reply   

Chocolat3

#2 [url]

Mar 17 16 4:57 AM

What an interesting natural occurrence, it never stops to amaze. Searching for more pictures of noctilucent clouds at Google results in beautiful pictures. It is too bad that we can only view this cloud under specific weather, although I guess that is why it is so special. It will be wonderful if we can predict the next time it happens so we can prepare beforehand, much like eclipses.

Quote    Reply   

FiddlingCat

#3 [url]

Mar 20 16 1:49 PM

Beautiful

I would love to experience that sight for myself. I googled noctilucent clouds, and they look like icy portals opening up in the skies. Photography is one of my hobbies, and that would be an exciting phenomenon to capture.

Quote    Reply   

Cristian

#4 [url]

Mar 21 16 9:33 AM

I've never even heard of this phenomenon before. It's amazing what mother nature can provide for us. Does anyone know if these clouds form in other parts of the world? I would love to have the opportunity to see them here in the states sometime.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help