Remove this ad

w8eeo

Lead

Oct 29 15 1:37 AM

Tags : :

Researchers at Lund University in Sweden have revealed that the Earth was hit...
http://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/article/traces-of-enormous-solar-storms-in-the-ice-of-greenland-and-antarctica
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

White Noise

#1 [url]

Jan 19 16 1:20 PM

I have always wondered how frequent these solar storms are. I have heard quite a bit about how, if they are big enough, they could take out entire electrical grids. It fascinates me.

Quote    Reply   

Cristian

#2 [url]

Mar 5 16 10:38 AM

I've always enjoyed looking at photos that people have taken of these storms. Someday I hope to be able to do this myself, but the equipment needed is very expensive. I can't even imagine some of the effects that could take place if it hit our area. I'm not even sure people are prepared for this type of event, since it happens so infrequently.

Quote    Reply   

Easy Talk

#3 [url]

Mar 11 16 3:00 PM

Monitoring the universe and solar activity is fascinating. Furthermore, it makes me wonder, what type of damage a solar storm could cause. Unfortunately, I’ve never seen a solar storm before.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Chocolat3

#4 [url]

Mar 12 16 7:25 AM

I suppose I should be thankful that my country has never suffered from solar storms before, although it is unfortunate that I will never get to see the beautiful auroras unless I visit other countries. It is one of most fascinating natural events for me because it is beautiful yet dangerous at the same time. Surely I wish we will not have to see such huge solar storms or it may be very devastating given how dependent we are on satellites, internet, and communication system now.

Quote    Reply   

w8eeo

#6 [url]

Apr 14 16 1:04 AM

Earth enters solar wind stream

A G1-class geomagnetic storm is in progress on April 12th as Earth enters a stream of fast-moving solar wind. 

NOAA forecasters estimate a 70% chance of additional storming on April 13th as Earth moves deeper into the stream. Also, a minor CME from big sunspot AR2529 could deliver a glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field on April 13th, further boosting the odds of storminess. 

Visit http://spaceweather.com for more information

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help