Remove this ad

w8eeo

Lead

Dec 24 15 11:05 PM

Tags : :

A new sunspot (AR2473) is growing rapidly in the sun's southern hemisphere, more than quadrupling in size in the past 24 hours.Crackling with M-class solar flares, the sunspot has already caused several minor shortwave radio blackouts, mainly south of our planet's equator.More flares and radio blackouts are in the offing as the growing sunspot turns toward Earth.Visit http://spaceweather.com for more information. 
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

w8eeo

#1 [url]

Dec 30 15 1:14 AM

Sunspot AR2473 gains and grows

Big sunspot AR2473 erupted on Dec. 28th, producing an M1.9-class solar flare, a minor radio blackout in the southern hemisphere, and a coronal mass ejection (CME) that appears to be heading directly for Earth. This explosion sets the stage for possible geomagnetic storms later this week when the CME reaches our planet. Visit Spaceweather.com for more information 

Quote    Reply   

w8eeo

#2 [url]

Jan 1 16 7:18 PM

First auroras of 2016

First auroras of 2016A CME strike on New Year's Eve has sparked a moderately strong geomagnetic storm (happening now) and the first auroras of 2016.High-latitude sky watchers are reporting bright auroras in both hemispheres as Earth moves through the strongly magnetized wake of the CME. NOAA forecasters say there is a 75% chance that the storms will continue through Jan. 1st, subsiding to 45% on Jan. 2nd. Visit Spaceweather.com for images and updates. 

Quote    Reply   

White Noise

#3 [url]

Jan 18 16 8:10 AM

We've known for a long time how our moon effects the tides, and it seems now that we're beginning to learn more how the sun effects our own atmosphere. I think it's all very interesting.

Quote    Reply   

Lightnight

#4 [url]

Mar 12 16 6:29 PM

This is really interesting to me. I wonder how the recent eclipse of the sun, as well as the upcoming eclipse of the moon might affect radio signals. Will it change radiation levels and how they reach us?

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help