Remove this ad

Sunshine

Lead

Jan 25 16 5:35 PM

Tags : :

While I'm new to the forum, I'm not new to ham radio. I held my Novice license some years ago, and am looking to now get back into radio as a hobby that I can share with my older children. So it's time to start studying up for my ticket, get myself a full license and see how busy the airwaves are now that the internet has taken off so much!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

w8eeo

#1 [url]

Jan 26 16 1:42 AM

Online training for ham ticket

Glad to have you here and thanks for joining hamchatforum. Make yourself at home. You will probably run across the information as you scan this forum but I wanted to show you a real good program to practice for a ham ticket.
Take a look at http://1rnrwz3liy.talkiforum.com/20160107/ham-radio-training-video-5139513/
It looks like a handy little training site. Good luck with your study and new ticket.

Quote    Reply   

Sunshine

#2 [url]

Jan 26 16 6:10 PM

Thanks, I shall look at that! I do have a question before I get started though. When I took the test before, I went for novice rather than full because I kept getting my dashes and my dots mixed up image So how do I get a better grip on the Morse code side of the ticket, if it's still a part of it?

Quote    Reply   

w8eeo

#3 [url]

Jan 26 16 6:57 PM

No code test for tech now.

But most of the hams learn code. I enjoy working cw a lot. When I started in 1959 everyone had to pass a code test.
There is a web site where you can get some answers about requirements for tickets etc
http://ky4ky.com/vetesting_study.htm
Hope this helps... 73

Last Edited By: w8eeo Jan 26 16 6:59 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Sunshine

#4 [url]

Jan 27 16 9:41 AM

It does, again thank you. I took my ticket as a part of my air cadet curriculum, and they were fairly inflexible as to whether or not you were allowed to try. I think that if I had, I might have passed, but they weren't happy. It would be nice to have a full ticket if I got into the equipment again.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help