Remove this ad

Pinstripe

Lead

Jan 29 16 4:59 PM

Tags : :

If someone is communicating via a ham radio with the iSS and someone deliberatly interferes with that communication, can they be fined? I read somewhere that someone was fined $25,000 for doing that, but I wasn't sure if they fine people for that. Thought I would ask here.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Sunshine

#1 [url]

Jan 30 16 6:17 PM

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this were true, though I've not personally heard of cases. I'm not pulling up any answers via Google unfortunately because of the amount of talk about 'interference' and ham radio.

Quote    Reply   

Pinstripe

#2 [url]

Feb 1 16 8:59 PM

So you can't pull up answers about the topic of intereferance and ham radio because so many other people are talking about interferance and ham radio that the internet traffic is "interfering" with your search for interferance and ham radio's?

Someone should fine them. That's the irony to end all ironies.

Last Edited By: Pinstripe Feb 1 16 9:02 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Speak Easy

#3 [url]

Feb 1 16 10:43 PM

I believe you’re correct, Pinstripe. I remember reading an article about a person that was fined for interfering with a conversation between a ham radio operator and the ISS. 

Last Edited By: Speak Easy Mar 11 16 3:40 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Lightnight

#5 [url]

Apr 4 16 1:33 PM

Looked up the article and it seems like this lawyer was trying to defend his prosecution under lawyer-speak. Interesting review of frequency laws though. Very educational in a technical way.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help