Remove this ad

w8eeo

Lead

Feb 4 16 2:50 AM

Tags : :

Funds were made available by the Federal Homeland Security ...
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2016/february/ham_radio_equipment_in_indiana_hospital.htm#.VrLyET_NRz0
Thanks to SARN ham radio news for this story.

Last Edited By: w8eeo Feb 4 16 2:56 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Sunshine

#1 [url]

Feb 4 16 3:04 PM

Now this seems like a wonderful way to help cheer up patients that may be enduring a prolonged treatment. Especially patients who may be feeling isolated because of not having a big family, or being in hospital many miles away from friends.

Quote    Reply   

Access Time

#2 [url]

Mar 7 16 10:10 PM

This is wonderful news and I’m happy to hear that Homeland Security gave the funds for this project. People staying in the hospital for prolonged periods need something to look forward to each day.

Quote    Reply   

Beeeebo

#3 [url]

Mar 11 16 4:01 PM

This is great! The radio is often the first line of communications in a disaster situation. The ability to communicate with the hospital is essential. Thank you to Homeland Security for funding this.

Quote    Reply   

Stevie Wonder

#4 [url]

Mar 12 16 4:18 PM

Thank you, W8eeo for letting us know about Homeland Security funding the project for the Indiana Hospital. I’m sure the staff and patients at the hospital will be happy to have the ham radio equipment.

Quote    Reply   

Sellie

#5 [url]

Mar 24 16 10:09 AM

Installing a ham radio gear is a great step towards disaster preparedness. I think the hospital did a great job preparing for emergency situations! If there is a medical emergency and other means of communications are unavailable, medical professionals from the hospital’s emergency department will be able to help and give instructions from afar.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Chocolat3

#6 [url]

Mar 28 16 2:05 AM

The first thought I had after reading the news was also to use the radio to support service and communication between medical staff members. Sunshine's idea is very interesting, though. It reminds me that I once visited a hospital which had its own ham radio. They played religious songs, motivational songs, and local or international news throughout the day. They even had a praying session according to dominant religion in the area. I believe it helps to lift the patients' mood. It is really a wonderful example of ham radio power when used properly.

Quote    Reply   

White Noise

#7 [url]

May 12 16 2:15 PM

Homeland Security? It sounds like a really good thing to do to help people, but isn't there a more relevant agency with the funds that could have done the same thing?

Quote    Reply   

billfrank

#8 [url]

May 22 16 6:28 AM

Wow! This is a very noble idea. I tend to agree with White Noise in the sense that it did not have to be Homeland Security doing this. There should have been a more relevant agency but nonetheless, it is a great start and perhaps a good opportunity for people to begin to have a conversation.

Quote    Reply   

Finch

#9 [url]

May 24 16 12:49 PM

This is indeed a boon for those who are ill and need to be cheered up after being isolated from family and friends. This is one of the ways that ham radio can be used to help people at such a low cost.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help