Remove this ad

w8eeo

Lead

Feb 7 16 2:09 AM

Tags : :

World Radio Day

13 February is World Radio Day - a day to celebrate radio as a medium; to improve international cooperation between broadcasters; and to encourage major networks and community radio alike to promote access to information, freedom of expression and gender equality over the airwaves.

This year, the UNESCO theme for World Radio Day is “Radio in Times of Emergency and Disaster”. Radio still remains the medium that reaches the widest audience worldwide, in the quickest possible time.

More info at http://www.diamundialradio.org/
and
https://www.facebook.com/WorldRadioDay

https://edxcnews.wordpress.com/ 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Beeeebo

#1 [url]

Mar 9 16 6:15 PM

I am wondering why this was not more publicized. I had no idea. The first item most of us reach for in times of disaster is the radio, for information on where to go and how to get, or provide, help.

Quote    Reply   

Cristian

#2 [url]

Mar 10 16 1:13 PM

I didn't know anything about this either. I wish I would have known since this is an event that I truly believe in. The most common form of communication is radio during any type of natural disaster and I feel that everyone should have an emergency radio in their possession, just in case. Does this event take place every year around the same time?

Quote    Reply   

Stevie Wonder

#3 [url]

Mar 11 16 2:06 PM

I also had no idea about this event. I’m disappointed that I've missed World Radio Day. I feel the theme this year is extremely important to everyone.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

HamBuff

#4 [url]

Mar 19 16 3:41 PM

Each year in February does the UNESCO sponsor this event? I’d like to participate in World Radio Day next year, considering this year I missed the announcement.

Quote    Reply   

Chocolat3

#5 [url]

Mar 22 16 6:02 AM

It is kind of sad to know that we are not aware of such days yet despite how important radios are. Even so, it is good to see there are still people who appreciate radios to organize this kind of activity. Hopefully it will continue each year. I checked the Facebook page and there were exhibitions and discussion sessions at some parts of the world. I would love to visit such event someday. Will it be a yearly event?

Quote    Reply   

Sellie

#6 [url]

Mar 22 16 10:43 PM

I’m kind of disappointed in myself because I missed this event. I think UNESCO picked a great theme. People wouldn’t think about how they could communicate in times of disasters until it actually happens. At that point it’s going to be very hard to attempt contacting others if they haven’t prepared the equipment necessary beforehand.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help