Remove this ad

FiddlingCat

Lead

Mar 13 16 11:35 AM

Tags : : ,

A scientist in Australia picked up a "Fast Radio Burst", a burst lasting only milliseconds long, to a galaxy 6 Billion light-years away. According to an article I read, a radio burst like this, or flash, has only occured  17 times, with this last being the only  one they have been able to track.
The scientists speculated that it may have been a joining of two dead stars.

I'll leave a link for the article below. It is definately an interesting read.

Check it out at:http://1rnrwz3liy.talkiforum.com/20160225/radio-flash-tracked-in-faraway-galaxy-5180427/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Beeeebo

#1 [url]

Mar 18 16 6:11 PM

Wow! that is really interesting! I know we have been fascinated with radio bursts from space for years, and we have sent our own signals out in hopes of being understood. How far technology has come that we can now trace these signals.

Quote    Reply   

FiddlingCat

#2 [url]

Mar 19 16 2:37 PM

Ancient history

It is very interesting. It is also ancient history if you think about it. We tracked a signal that happened 6 billion years ago. Who knows what is going on in that Galaxy right now? I wonder if technology will advance enough one day to answer that question.

Quote    Reply   

Sellie

#3 [url]

Mar 24 16 10:58 AM

I guess it’s still a long time before our civilization’s technology can enable us to travel such a long distance, but it’s still exciting to wonder what happened at that side of the universe for us to have caught a radio burst from so far away.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help