Remove this ad

HamBuff

Lead

Mar 18 16 7:57 PM

Tags : :

My son decided he wanted to build his own Ham radio satellite antenna. He loves the projects on Zed Zed’s Workbench and built a new antenna for himself. The total cost of his antenna was $4.00. If anyone is interested in building this antenna you can find the instructions for the project here: http://www.amateurradio.bz/
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Chocolat3

#1 [url]

Mar 20 16 2:49 AM

That is an interesting project! The boy must have had fun building the antenna. It makes him more active than just simply buying the antenna. I hope the antenna works well! Did you have to tune it after it was completed?

Quote    Reply   

Stevie Wonder

#2 [url]

Mar 20 16 1:44 PM

After reading about your son’s accomplishments, I introduced my son to the website. For the past day and a half he has been reading all the projects. I hope he’ll take an interest and build something like your son.

Quote    Reply   

w8eeo

#3 [url]

Mar 20 16 11:29 PM

Some material about working sattelites with a hand held and small antenna

I don't know if you have run across this extended article or not.
Here you can watch them work space craft with low power and hand held antennas:
http://hamchatforum.lefora.com/topic/3086065/Catching-satellites-on-ham-radio
Thought the boys there would enjoy the adventures!

Last Edited By: w8eeo Mar 21 16 1:19 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

Easy Talk

#4 [url]

Mar 22 16 3:41 PM

The radio satellite antenna your son built sounds like an interesting project for children. Unfortunately, my son doesn’t like to build anything, but my daughter does. I think I’ll find the website and see if she’d be interested in building the antenna.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help