Remove this ad

HamBuff

Lead

Mar 20 16 2:23 PM

Tags : :

My son and five of his friends wants to start a virtual Ham radio club. I’ve collected seven old computers from our neighbors and repaired them. Currently I’m in the process of building a small room in my garage. One of the boy’s fathers is doing the electrical wiring, another is donating the tables and chair, and the other fathers are helping me build the room.

As the project takes shape, I’ll update everyone here. This is an exciting project and I hope it will grow and more children will join the small club.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Cristian

#2 [url]

Mar 21 16 9:35 AM

This sounds like so much fun. My son is starting to get interested in ham radio, but I don't think his friend's know anything about it. How did so many of your son's friends get interested in this area?

Quote    Reply   

Stevie Wonder

#3 [url]

Mar 22 16 3:09 PM

Do the children plan on using a Ham radio or installing the virtual Ham radio software on the computers? I noticed that you have seven computers for the club.

Last Edited By: Stevie Wonder Mar 24 16 5:00 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

HamBuff

#4 [url]

Mar 22 16 3:57 PM

My son’s Ham radio club project is progressing nicely. We have the wiring completed, the computers installed, and the virtual software downloaded and installed. The other parents and I have decided to let the children start learning with virtual software. Afterwards, we will talk to the children about taking the test and adding more equipment.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help