Remove this ad

w8eeo

Lead

Mar 20 16 6:46 PM

Tags : :

The Norwich Bulletin describes how Amateur Radio operators have saved lives and property

The item is written by Larry Wolfgang WR1B who has been a licensed Amateur Radio operator since he was 16 years old. He enjoys many aspects of Amateur Radio, including two way communications with other Amateur Radio operators, or hams, across the US and around the world.

For the last 33 years, Larry has worked for the American Radio Relay League in Newington, CT, where he has been a technical editor with a number of editing responsibilities.

He also enjoys preparing for emergency communications situations and helping provide public service communications for many local running events, bicycle races, and other events.

Read the story at
http://www.norwichbulletin.com/article/20160317/BLOGS/303179997

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

FiddlingCat

#1 [url]

Mar 21 16 12:42 PM

Lucky

It is amazing to hear how close nit some of these radio groups can be. The elderly gentleman was very lucky to have that man listening in on him. Not too many people nowadays would be concerned enough to go check up on someone like that. That was a very happy story.

Quote    Reply   

Sellie

#2 [url]

Mar 31 16 4:11 AM

What a touching story. I'm happy and proud that the man really went to visit the elderly. It's nice to know that people still care about others that way. It's very easy to think of excuses but the man chose to worry about the worst possible situation. As funny as it sounds, my hope to humanity is actually restored a bit after I read this story.

Quote    Reply   

Finch

#3 [url]

May 30 16 11:44 AM

It is indeed good to see instances of ham radio saving lives. After all ham radio operators are licensed and coordinate with public service agencies in times of need like disasters and catastrophes. This story was really touching and very well told.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help