Remove this ad

FiddlingCat

Lead

Mar 22 16 4:17 PM

Tags : :

I am a mother of a 1 year old, so I am always digging at baby articles online. I see a lot of people arguing that classical music improves children's intelligence and focus. I personally don't think it has much of an impact, but I thought it would be fun to hear other's thoughts on the subject.

do you think classical music helps improve a child's focus?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Cristian

#1 [url]

Mar 23 16 9:07 AM

I don't know if it would improve your child's intelligence, but I do know that it will help calm them. Even as they get older this type of music helps them relax. Sometimes when my wife and I are driving some place and the kids get acting up in the backseat I will put classical music on. They don't necessarily like it, but it stops them from arguing with each other.

Quote    Reply   

FiddlingCat

#2 [url]

Mar 26 16 2:21 PM

Relaxing....

I remember when I was in preschool/daycare, my teacher would give us all cots at nap time, and play some sort of classical tape. Most of the other children in the class would fall asleep, but I was wide awake the whole time(much to the teacher's displeasure). I am not sure it would have a calming affect on my daughter, as she would have the same stubborn genes. When she was three and four months, and still using a rock n play to sleep in, she seemed to like the nature sounds better than the musical ones her mobile provided. The fisher price classical music is tinny anyways. 
I might try the radio in the car, and see if it works.

Quote    Reply   

Pinstripe

#3 [url]

May 17 16 4:36 AM

It helps calm the mind and when that happens, you can focus better. I suppose it helps you excel at whatever you're focusing on and if that's education, then yes, classical music can definitely help.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help