Remove this ad

Sellie

Lead

Mar 31 16 4:03 AM

Tags : :

I was reading about solar activity when I found this article: http://astronomynow.com/2015/07/17/diminishing-solar-activity-may-bring-new-ice-age-by-2030/

I have a hard time understanding the physics, but the article basically explains that scientists notice changes in solar magnetic activity and radiation as they follow certain pattern over years. This in turn causes changes in our weather. We are going to experience cold winters and cold summers. Analyzing all aspects, scientists estimate that we may experience "little ice age" around 2030. In contrast, I was talking to a friend who is staying at Europe now and she said that the winter was not as cold as usual. People usually also raise concerns about global warming instead of global "cooling".

What do you think of this theory?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Lightnight

#1 [url]

Apr 9 16 1:22 PM

I have heard reports both ways. It seems to me that the recent shifts in the magnetic poles are normal and should lead to an ice age. The global warming results from changes in the atmosphere brought on by gasses being overly produced by humans. Maybe they will balance out?

Quote    Reply   

SerenityNow

#2 [url]

Apr 21 16 4:58 PM

When the temperatures rise, they blame global warming. When it's too cold, they blame global warming. I am NOT saying that climate change it not real, and I am also not saying that we shouldn't take care of Mother Earth and protect our home, but I also believe that history has demonstrated how cyclical the weather is. There is proof in the fossil record. I think it's a little of both.

Quote    Reply   

masarual

#3 [url]

Apr 21 16 5:56 PM

There does seem to be a lot of concern about solar activity these days. I was just reading over on http://1rnrwz3liy.talkiforum.com about sunspots and the effect they can have on our climate. I can certainly understand how many of these things (like the little ice age) can theoretically happen, and I don't disagree with the arguments stated in the Astronomy Now article, but I can't get too worried about it.

Quote    Reply   

Spyra

#4 [url]

May 4 16 3:55 AM

Lightnight wrote:
I have heard reports both ways. It seems to me that the recent shifts in the magnetic poles are normal and should lead to an ice age. The global warming results from changes in the atmosphere brought on by gasses being overly produced by humans. Maybe they will balance out?

This sounds logical to me. Honestly it's hard to accept that "global cooling" is happening because all we've seen is related to "global warming" and greenhouse effect. There are more cases about animals losing their home because the ice melts than otherwise. Unless the temperature around the poles is that low, I can't imagine how that will happen. But I'm sure the scientists are more knowledgable in this area.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

billfrank

#6 [url]

Jun 2 16 5:21 AM

Anything is possible in as far as science is concerned. If reports in the article are anything to go by, then there is need to focus more on what "global cooling" really is.

Fourteen years is not so far-fetched after all.

Quote    Reply   

billfrank

#7 [url]

Jun 3 16 1:44 PM

If I am told to go for either cold or heat, I will go for the former but again I am always afraid of extremes.
Science is a thriller and you can never predict what will happen next.
Let's wait and see.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help