Remove this ad

Beeeebo

Lead

Apr 20 16 12:58 PM

Tags : :

I find it both sad and amazing at the same time when I read about the private sector taking over supply runs to the space station. The retirement of the NASA shuttles makes me wonder where our nation stands in space and the future. The Dragon space ships are amazing, and thinking of them takes me back to the rocket slides in the park and trying to build a spaceship in the back yard. It sounds funny, but that is exactly what the builders did!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Moulder

#1 [url]

Apr 20 16 2:59 PM

On the one hand, I agree that the "ending" of the Space Shuttle program is sad, but on the other hand, it was such an incredibly expensive program! Truthfully, I think it is exciting that private companies have advanced to this degree. I know a ticket into space will never be within my reach financially, but maybe 100 years from now it will be within my grandchildren's reach.

Quote    Reply   

Pinstripe

#2 [url]

May 10 16 7:17 AM

Times change things, and this is what we're seeing right now. A government agency handing the keys of the Porche to the neighbors. I think it's a good thing that space travel is getting out of the hands of the government, and into the hands of people who specialize in this and can make it happen without having to get Washington's approval.

Quote    Reply   

Finch

#3 [url]

May 19 16 11:51 AM

They say that wholehearted support for the program was lacking, especially from the public. Members of the public are more interested in present day issues on Earth than something that might exists in space. In any case space is a territory with an unlimited frontier

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help