Remove this ad

masarual

Lead

Apr 21 16 5:40 PM

Tags : :

As I'm sure you know, Timothy Peake on the International Space station regularly chats with school children via ham radio. The kids come up with questions prior to the radio contact. I thought the questions were delightfully smart, funny, and even philosophical. Some examples:

~~2. (Ruby (age 8): From space, what evidence can you see that humans are having a negative impact upon planet Earth?
~~4. Ellie (age 7): What happens to a compass in Space?
~~8. Max (age 7): Do bacteria multiply at the same rate in a low gravity environment?
~~12. Benny (age 12): Have you played any jokes on your colleagues on the ISS?

news article here: http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2016/april/ariss_event_2304.htm#.VxlFhzb2aUk
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Spyra

#1 [url]

Apr 30 16 6:35 AM

I found Scarlett's question about Shakespearean quote to be the funniest. It's a wonder how she can relate space activities with literature just because the day was related to Shakespeare! I bet the astronauts were pretty confused in trying to answer her. Are the answers recorded somewhere?

Quote    Reply   

Finch

#2 [url]

May 26 16 8:01 AM

Great questions indeed! My son asked me a question the other day about when humans are going to set foot on Mars and I told him soon. His ambition is to become an astronaut and visit planets maybe even Mars one day.

Quote    Reply   

Ivor

#3 [url]

May 26 16 8:24 AM

I have always been fascinated by gravity and its effect in different scenarios. But does any planet have zero gravity? I know that gravity is less at space stations and on various planets but it is a question that I have always had in my mind.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help