Remove this ad

Chocolat3

Lead

Jun 2 16 5:33 AM

Tags : :

Have you ever heard of reciprocal licensing? It's an agreement between two countries so local ham radio operators can operate at both countries without additional license. This is especially useful if the operators travel around a lot and wish to broadcast without going back. I bet there are many requirements to follow, but it's going to be helpful if you are aiming for larger broadcast area.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

jmsmart

#1 [url]

Jun 2 16 6:26 AM

I have not heard of this but I believe it is the best thing that could happen to ham radio operators. Can you imagine the hassle of having to find a license in every other country of operation?

The process may be rigorous but I believe reciprocal licensing has made broadcasting much easier.

Quote    Reply   

Chocolat3

#2 [url]

Jun 4 16 8:45 AM

jmsmart wrote:
I have not heard of this but I believe it is the best thing that could happen to ham radio operators. Can you imagine the hassle of having to find a license in every other country of operation?

The process may be rigorous but I believe reciprocal licensing has made broadcasting much easier.

Exactly. That's why I was happily surprised when I read about reciprocal licensing because it makes operation much easier. Looks like each country has different requirements so the process may be quite complicated, but it's worth the effort for travelling operators. I wonder if it's easier to pass if you have higher license level.

Quote    Reply   

gvinn

#3 [url]

Jun 4 16 5:02 PM

I am not sure if a higher license level means the privilege of easily passing through other jurisdictions but my assumption would be that a lot depends on what different countries have set as benchmarks. Reciprocal licensing to some extent seeks to make broadcasting straightforward.

Quote    Reply   

Chocolat3

#4 [url]

Jun 5 16 1:55 AM

I guess so. Now that I think about it again, license level is not that related to the operation area. After all, the levels indicate the frequency range we can use for broadcast. I assumed that people with higher license level must be experienced, professional operators so it would be safe to trust them to broadcast from other countries.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help