#21 [url]

Dec 8 10 10:19 PM

Augie Hiebert's ham radio call sign was KL7PQ

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

w8eeo

#22 [url]

Dec 7 11 11:13 PM

Every year at this time I always remember the activities which transpired 70 years ago today at Pearl Harbor.
My father was among the first who was drafted soon after the event. My life was changed since I was the oldest child who was left behind. Even while we were still huddled around the radio, trying to get more news about what had happened, I was given a list of instructions about what my new duties and responsibilities would be while he was gone into the service. That was a long time ago. However, I still remember the troop train leaving the little town nearby as scores of fathers and brothers were carried away. Many never returned to the little farm settlement. Even now I have no desire to forget those things. When I remember Pearl harbor I am always reminded about how quickly an ordered life can be changed forever.

Quote    Reply   

sispy

#23 [url]

Dec 8 11 9:39 AM

Pearl Harbour and Amateur Radio

Wednesday saw the 70th anniversary of the Pearl Harbour attack, and some press stories commemorating the event mention the use of amateur radio in the months leading up to the attack.
An article written by Michael Evans for The Times newspaper and available from The Australian newspaper website says:
“There is strong evidence that the naval attache's office in Washington operates a short-wave sending and receiving set disguised as an 'amateur station' and that it is linked to the numerous ham stations known to be operated by Japanese on the West Coast and in Hawaii,”
Read The Australian article Pearl Harbor attack warnings 'were ignored'
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/pearl-harbour-attack-
warnings-were-ignored/story-e6frg6so-1226216080478

For the latest information about Ham Radio, Communications, Radio News, Space, Radio History...Join me in the discussion at hamchatforum.lefora.com

Quote    Reply   

zekecarr

#24 [url]

Dec 8 12 1:19 AM

Yes, I remember those events which happened so many years ago. That was a very unique chain of events which changed the lives of so many- forever.

Quote    Reply   

w8eeo

#25 [url]

Dec 2 13 1:50 PM

If anyone has additional information about the bombing of Pearl Harbor or photos please add it to this topic. Thanks

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

w8eeo

#26 [url]

Dec 7 14 2:57 AM

Do you remember Pearl Harbor

It is that time of year again when our thoughts should return to the events which transpired on december 7, 1941. Do you personally remember that far back?

Quote    Reply   

Lady T

#27 [url]

Dec 28 15 2:18 AM

I DO remember Pearl Harbor Day. I was not born at the time, but I have an older sister whose birthday is December 7th. We always joke and say that our mother dropped a bomb that day, too.

Quote    Reply   

FiddlingCat

#29 [url]

Mar 14 16 12:52 PM

As much of a tragedy as Pearl Harbour's attack was, it may have been the one thing needed to spur the United States into the war. We weren't doing enough before that. Sometimes you have to kick a person in the teeth for them to wake up, and Pearl Harbour was our wake up call.

Here is a link to FDR's reaction.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/fdr-reacts-to-news-of-pearl-harbor-bombing

Quote    Reply   

Beeeebo

#30 [url]

Mar 30 16 3:24 PM

These photos are amazing. I was not born yet when this tragedy happened. I love history and have always wanted to visit the site in Hawaii where this happened. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help